From the world’s oldest continually surviving rainforest to the largest reef on the planet with a spattering of spectacular beaches in between, there is no wonder this destination is in high demand. And we haven't even mentioned the food yet!
Here are our top 11 photos that will put Port Douglas on your bucket list.
1. Four Mile Beach is quite literally four miles of bliss.
2. Sunsets in Port Douglas, particularly over Four Mile Beach, are incredible.
3. Every drive is just beautiful.
4. Port Douglas is a foodie haven, and Watergate Restaurant is one of our favourites!
5. The Great Barrier Reef is just off the coast!
6. So is the Daintree Rainforest, the world's oldest continually surviving rainforest.
7. There are a lot of attractions to enjoy including the Wildlife Habitat.
8. It's where the rainforest meets the reef.
9. There is cuisine to suit every taste. Our other favourite is Nautilus Restaurant.
10.There are incredible beaches EVERYWHERE.
11. And waterfalls.
12. Bonus Image - The amazing accommodation such as Sea Temple Port Douglas on the beachfront is unbelievably lavish!
If you're still not entirely convinced, speak to our team of Port Douglas experts at Discover Queensland on 1300 788 553 or check out our amazing hot deals now!
Our Top Picks For Tropical North
Sea Temple Private Apartments Port Douglas…
5 Star Tropical Beachfront Resort
$214 p/nWas $300
Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas
Situated in Port Douglas, one of Tropical North Queensland's most desired holiday destinations, Oaks Lagoons combines deluxe accommodation, a range of leisure facilities and easy access to the magical Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest, making it the perfect holiday destination.