Jul 02, 2020
For those who have experienced the fantastic attractions and now want something a little different, we have rounded up a list of 15 unique things you can only do on the Gold Coast. Read on to find out what our Discover Queensland Gold Coast locals have rustled up for you!
- Overwater Boardwalk Adventure
Beree Badalla Reserve | Image by 2 Aussie Travellers
- Hire a Pontoon & Float to Paradise
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding in a Secret Location (+ hair salon recommendation)
If you’re in the market for some post-activity pampering, Edwards and Co. above the café is an absolutely fabulous salon for cuts and colours.
Budds Beach, Surfers Paradise
- Take a Coastal Walk, then snap a photo in two states at once
Point Danger | Image by @aeltea via instagram
- Watch the Hang Gliders Launch & Sunset
It’s a unique experience watching someone throw themselves off a cliff to come soaring back up again over head.
- The Perfect Coffee with the Perfect View
If time permits you can finish this activity off with a dinner of fish and chips from the Fish Mongers Restaurant and enjoy a picnic on Burleigh hill watching the sunset on over the surfers on the beach below.
- A Unique Hike off the Beaten Path
- You don’t need to go to South America to meet this animal
- Drop by St Bernards for some St Bernards
St Bernards Hotel | Image by @stbernardshotel via instagram
- Visit the Boat Shed
This spot is more popular among locals than Budds Beach, but is worth it for the incredible experience. Once you’re done with your beach activities, head up to the restaurant for a drink and afternoon meal – we highly recommend the calamari.
- Pastries worth the calories
- Must Try Tacos
- Coffee with the Locals
- Bam Bam your way to a good morning
The Best Eggs Bene | Image by @bambam_bakehouse via instagram
- Visit Wild Peacocks on the Waterfront
You can access the park from a walkway just south of the Sundale Bridge or across the walking bridge from Main Beach Parade. You will find a huge playground with manmade waterways meandering to a large lake, calm sandy bays and wild peacocks and other birdlife wandering about the park.
It's hard to believe all these incredible experiences are waiting for you on the Gold Coast, isn't it? Talk to our team today on 1300 788 553 about your Gold Coast accommodation to see them in person!
Macintosh Island | Photo by @gisl10 via instagram